Up for grabs is a group of ten (10) leadership books to keep or give to leaders around you. Most of these are used having been picked up at various sales or thrift shops over the last few months (not everyone actually reads them, you know) or books that were given to me for attending conferences.
Included are: Pour Your Heart Into It, by Howard Schultz, founder of Starbucks, Credibility, by Kouzes and Posner, Mad Church Disease, by Anne Jackson, The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make by Hans Finzel, From Lucky to Smart, by Chester Cadieux, co-founder of QuickTrip, When Teams Work Best, by LaFasto and Larson, and, by John Maxwell, Failing Forward, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, Developing the Leader Within You, and Maxwell’s newest, Everyone Communicates Few Connect.
Entering this give away is easy:
1. Leave a comment in the comment thread. One comment per entrant, so make it your best shot.
2. In 35 words or less, explain why you would like to win. You can use humor, satire, other creativity or be straightforward. Thirty-six or more words means disqualification.
3. I will choose the winner based on the 35 or less word entry, my choice being final and completely subjective. Losers will be prayed for.
4. Shipping will be media mail, paid for by me. Cash or other remuneration will not be given if shipment is lost or damaged.
5. No other gifts are promised or implied.
6. Entry is open from the time this post goes online through 10:00 pm (Eastern), Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
7. Winner must be able to provide a valid USPS shipping address within 48 hours of notification. Notification will take place via the non-published email address used when leaving comment.
8. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN WORLDWIDE. HOWEVER, ONLY SHIPPING TO THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES IS FREE. IF THE WINNER IS SELECTED FROM ALASKA, HAWAII OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY, WINNER AGREES TO PAY (VIA PAY PAL) ALL SHIPPING COSTS ABOVE $10/US.